Pages

Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Cleansing both mind and body


About 3 years ago Mark got a small sauna for us. I thought he was a little crazy because where we live you can sit outside and sweat at least 10 mths out of the year! LOL! Anytime we've travelled, he's always enjoyed using a sauna and I knew he'd get lots of use out of it, and he really has. When he's home he uses the sauna daily. As for me, I only used it when we had the occasional cold day and I wanted to warm up quickly! :) That is until recently. Mark had repeatedly told me the benefits of taking a sauna. Finally I gave in and decided to join him. Like with everything else, once I make my mind up and commit, I'm in it for the long run. For the last few weeks, around 6 each morning I go for my sauna. At first I had a hard time relaxing-my mind was racing with all the things I thought I should be doing instead of just lying there. I tried taking books in to read but the heat and steam rippled the pages; magazines would just fall apart. Then it hit me-this would be the perfect time to just sit and talk with God! I've really enjoyed being able to sit and pray without being rushed or interrupted. When I come out, not only has my body been cleansed but so has my mind and heart. I would encourage everyone to try the sauna. You may just be surprised at how much you enjoy it too.


For some of the physical benefits of the sauna, I found tons of information from this site.

No comments: