Pages

Friday, February 25, 2011

Math Rider Review



Everyone always says that hindsight is 20/20. I truly believe it. Looking back, I feel there are so many mistakes that I've made in teaching my children. Poor Mary and Grace. I'm trying hard to do better with them. Hopefully all of my mistakes won't leave 'permanent damage'. LOL! Fortunately for Emma, she's getting to reap the benefits of being the youngest.

One of the concepts I regret not reinforcing is speedy mental math computation. I thought as long as my children mastered fundamental math, they didn't have to have speed. I've learned the hard way, that I was wrong. Because of this my older girls had to play catch up. With Emma, we're starting this now. Lucky for her, TOS let me review Math Rider.

~Math Rider lets your child practice addition, subtraction, multiplication and division with numbers 1-12 all while playing a game instead of doing a 'sometimes boring' worksheet. The software is formatted so that each game is custom tailored to the rider. That way your child gets the practice they specifically need .An overview map of mastery is given for each number table which allows the parent to see how their child is progressing.


~Learning takes place in a land of fantasy and quests. Various noble adventures abound in the Land of Ray on a horse named Shadow Each operation contains four quests ranging from easy to master. The game is designed so that a younger child can complete just addition and an older child can focus on multiplication and division, but also revise their addition and subtraction as well.


~Up to 10 players can be on a single license. The game tracks each rider's progress and results individually.


~$37 for an instant download. Plus there's a 30 day risk free guarantee.


~What is my 7 year old's opinion? Let's just say I don't have to beg her to do her math. I can't imagine any child who wouldn't want to ride a horse through a beautiful, enchanted land and earn rewards for doing their math. This "mastery of mathematics in a land of adventure" is a truly creative way to memorize math facts and have fun.

To read other reviews on this site, please visit the TOS Crew blog.


*For the purpose of this review, I was given a free subscription to Math Rider. No other compensation was received. This review is based on my opinion of the site only.

No comments: