Pages

Saturday, January 15, 2011

Saturday

The last few days have been unseasonably cold for us here on the coast. We'd wake up to 18 degrees and icicles hanging from the outside faucets. Surprisingly today was a very pleasant change. The air was much warmer and the sun was shining so beautifully. I couldn't resist getting outside to soak up the sun and also enjoy another pleasure of mine...reading.

I found this enchanting book on my last visit to the library. It's the perfect combination of simple sewing and vintage style. The author takes you on a stroll through the ages with quaint projects inspired by sewing history. I loved looking at all the vintage photos as much as I did reading the articles and following the sewing timeline that borders the bottom of most pages.

I like being able to try out a book first before I take the plunge and buy it. This is one 'must have' for my sewing library! What a marvelous way to spend a Saturday afternoon.

No comments: