Virtual Nerd is a truly unique online resource to help students in math and science. It's like a private tutor right in your computer! I recently reviewed this program for Virtual Nerd and TOS. My girls have never been too fond of math so I have to say it was refreshing to find a program to actually help and answer all their questions.
What's this program about?
1. They anticipate the students' questions and offer in-context links to helpful tutorials.
2. Provide ability to progressively drill down to related tutorials as additional help is needed.
3. Enable the student to stay focused and oriented and work at their own pace.
4. Provide convenient anytime, anywhere access via the web.
5. Provides a platform for parents to see the students learning process.
Individual Subscription: $49/mo
Custom school packages are also available
My personal opinion:
This is one incredible site! I know from experience that tutors can be expensive and they're not always able to fully explain the problems so your child can understand. With Virtual Nerd they cover every possible angle to take all the frustration out of learning. I only wish I had a program like this when I was in high school.
You can find other reviews on Virtual Nerd at the Homeschool Crew Blog.
I received a free subscription to Virtual Nerd for the purpose of writing this review. No other compensation was received. The content of this post is my own personal opinion only.