Pages

Monday, January 10, 2011

Hospitality

Offer hospitality to one another without grumbling. Each one should use whatever gift he has received to serve others, faithfully administering God's grace in its various forms. ~1Peter 4:9-10

Entertaining large groups (anything over 2 people :) ) has always been difficult for me and really outside of my comfort zone. I worry about what to cook and if it will be edible, if the house is clean enough, etc. Once we moved into the new house I vowed to myself that this was something I'd work on because I truly feel it's what God wants in my life. I've been trying to have some sort of get-together each month. One month it was for my parent's birthdays, another was an ornament exchange party, another was some friend's birthday, one month was 'just because'. In doing this I've learned a few things. First, people don't really care what I cook. Secondly, no one has complained so far that my house was too dirty to visit. LOL! The most important thing I've learned is how much fun it is to have eveyone here, fellowshiping in our home. Don't get me wrong, I still stress out...just now I know it'll all be worth it in the end.


No comments: