Pages

Thursday, May 19, 2011

A Gift for me

For my birthday this year I received the most lovely gift in the mail...all the way from Utah to the deep south. Joy is the wife of one of my Army buddies. She's a southern belle from Kentucky who moved to Utah for her true love. She's super creative-loves to scrapbook and quilt. I was speechless when this package came for me. She combined 2 of my loves-quilting and Auburn University (War Eagle!).


I'm still in awe of all the time and energy she put into this precious gift. No one has ever made a quilt for me. What makes it super special is that Joy and I have never met face-to-face. She married my buddy and automatically became my 'southern sista'. :) Everytime I wrap up in my quilt I think of her and how much she loves me. What a special gift from a special person.

No comments: