Pages

Sunday, August 18, 2013

A New School Year-the old school way

This summer has passed so quickly.  I haven't even posted to my blog!  I've tried, but had issues getting pictures to upload.  If I can't have a picture, I don't want to post.  :)  Anyway, tonight it worked.  Maybe I can play catch up in the near future.
Besides traveling a lot this summer, my mother has had serious health issues.  We've all been stressed and had extra running and things to do.  Last week I realized that I had not even planned our new school year.  Those who know me, know that I'm normally ahead of the game when it comes to planning and scheduling.  I started last week planning out which books we would use (we follow a Charlotte Mason approach with Ambleside Online).  Once the books were ordered-either online or from the library, I started thinking about a schedule.  Wouldn't you know it, our printer is acting up!  I've always, always, typed up and printed out our schedule. Not this year or at least not this term.  I was able to print one blank form and make copies-that's it!  Honestly I'm thankful that I could get that much out of the printer.  I set to work tonight writing out the schedule.  I have the first six weeks done.  That will have to do for now.  Who knows, I may stick with this old school approach.  I'm thankful just to have my girls at home and be able to homeschool them.  I'll gladly hand write the schedule.  Jeremiah 29:11

2 comments:

Jazzmin said...

I always love handwriting schedules and things, too! Your schedules look so nice and neat. Things like this make me excited for when I'll get to teach in the future and do the same hopefully, or for when I have kids someday.

I hope y'all have a great start to school!!

And I hope y'all have had a wonderful Summer, too :)

Blessings,
Jazzmin

Jazzmin said...

I knew I had forgotten something in my comment... I hope that your Mother is doing better. Sending prayers for her health.

God Bless. Hope y'all are doing well!