Pages

Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Chicken Cakes Recipe

This is one of my favorite recipes from one of my favorite blogs.  Melissa and I graduated from high school together.  I never knew she had a love of cooking, but boy is she talented!  I check her blog regularly and print off the recipes.  My family has enjoyed all the new meals we've been having.  Here's one we have quite often:

(this happens to be Melissa's picture too.  I promise I have made them-several times.  )

Chicken Cakes with Marinara Sauce

3Tbsp butter
2Tbsp celery, finely chopped
1/2 cup onion, finely chopped
2 Tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
3 cloves garlic, chopped
1 tsp each of salt, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder and basil
2 Tbsp Parmesan cheese, shredded
2 eggs, beaten
1/2 cup Italian seasoned bread crumbs
2 Tbsp mayo
2 cups cooked chicken, finely chopped
Olive oil

Marinara sauce

In a large skillet, saute celery and onion in the butter for 5 minutes.  Add parsley and garlic,  Saute 2-3 minutes more then remove from heat.  In a large bowl, combine seasonings, Parmesan cheese, eggs, bread crumbs, mayo and chicken.  Mix well then add the cooked veggies to the chicken mixture.  Stir well and make into patties.  This recipe makes 4-5 nice size patties.  Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.  In a cast iron or non-stick skillet heat 4-5 Tbsp of olive oil and cook patties 4-5 minutes on each side or until golden brown.  Heat marinara sauce and ladle out onto each plate then place chicken cake on top.  Top with fresh grated Parmesan cheese.  Delicious!

No comments: