Pages

Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Our Thanksgiving

I'm a little late in posting this, but better late than never, right?  This year we had such a nice Thanksgiving!  Even though my sister-in-law and her family couldn't make it, the table was full.  My parents came, my brother-in-law, my father-in-law (his fiance from Belarus and her daughter) and our friend Julia who was visiting for the first time from Austria.
 
Not only did we have our traditional food (turkey, cornbread dressing, squash casserole, asparagus casserole, kale, peas, and cranberry sauce) we also had some interesting additions.  First off, my Mary made  white bread dressing.  We had this for the first time in Canada this fall and loved it.  Natasha brought 2 dishes from her country of Belarus-a potato salad and a kind of apple pie.  Julia made a traditional Austrian dish-Sauerkrautstrudel (sauerkraut strudel) .   Everything was delicious!

Let's just say that no one got up from the table hungry!  For me it was a very nice, peaceful Thanksgiving.  I'm so thankful for my family and all that God has given us.  We are blessed indeed!

No comments: