Pages

Friday, January 25, 2013

Helping our Library


The library in our town opened a little over a year ago.  We were so excited to not have to drive very far to get our books.  The library is only 3 rooms with 1 full time employee.  Both of my big girls volunteer there almost every week.  Our librarian is fabulous!  Her husband is a retired Colonel in the Marines.  They have traveled and lived all over the world.  She always has something interesting to talk about and teach.  
So, you'd think everything sounds perfect.  Only one problem-not much funding.  Our town council doesn't totally support the library.  Some members have said they don't see where there's a need.  Are you kidding me?  A library is very important to a community!  It's a safe place for our children to hang out and develop a love for learning (and reading).  
Anyway, the librarian tries many different ways to raise money to keep the library running.  One thing she does is a monthly raffle.  The girls and I crocheted this basket and the four dishcloths to donate.  We're hoping that it will get a good response and help out in a small way.






4 comments:

affectioknit said...

What a super idea...I love the little basket of dishcloths!

~Have a lovely day!

Marli said...

Amen! I don't know what we would have done without a library. I still love the library but have not been able to go lately. :( Growing up as a homeschooler, the library was our favorite spot! :)

Thanks for stopping by my blog. Your comment was the cherry on top of my day.

xo
purposelyathome.blogspot.com

Jazzmin said...

What a lovely thing to do for your library!! There is nothing like a quaint, small town library! I don't understand how such a thing is not more appreciated.
Your crochet creations are beautiful and I'm sure they will help in the raffle :)

Have a blessed weekend!

Annaliese said...

What a sweet idea for a good cause!

xoxo Miss ALK

http://missalk1994.blogspot.com