Pages

Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Listening...




As a pot of Potato Soup simmers on the stove (recipe from a dear friend), I'm thankful for the sounds from the other room-my 3 girls (16, 14 and 9) watching Wizard of Oz-one of my favorite childhood movies.  This weekend they watched Gone with the Wind (a must for every southern girl) and prior to that it was White Christmas.  I'm so glad they'd rather watch the old classics instead of all the new fangled 'twaddle' shows.  My heart warms as I see my 16 year old crocheting as she watches.  The movie is silent and I hear the 14 year old practicing violin upstairs...the 9 year old has a box of colors spread in the floor as she creates a 'master piece'.  I'm so thankful to have girls who enjoy simpler times and simpler things in exchange for all the materialism of today.  I can't wait to see the women they become.

1 comment:

Jazzmin said...

What a sweet, heartwarming post! Sounds like a cozy, lovely evening at home. And what wonderful, classic movie choices!! I prefer those movies to anything out nowadays too... truly good films.

Enjoy your night and soup :)

Blessings,
Jazzmin