Pages

Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Eucharisteo

For those of you that have visited here before, you probably notice some changes.  My background is different and my blog has a new name.  I think both reflect more of where I am in my life right now.

I've been so blessed-a wonderful husband of 18 years, 3 darling, healthy girls, a warm home, plenty of food-the list goes on and on.  Yet lately I find myself not completely happy.  I had a birthday a few weeks ago-they seem to come faster and faster; I weigh more now than I ever have in my life (despite eating healthy and exercising), etc.  These things have overwhelmed and consumed me for a while.

Just a couple of days ago I read this in my devotional (Jesus Calling) :
"When you focus on what you don't have or on situations that displease you, your mind also becomes darkened.  You take for granted life, salvation, sunshine, flowers, and countless other gifts from Me.  You look for what is wrong and refuse to enjoy life until that is 'fixed'.
When you approach Me with thanksgiving, the Light of My Presence pours into you, transforming you through and through.  Walk in the Light with Me by practicing the discipline of thanksgiving."

Then I came across this verse:
"Not that I was ever in need, for I have learned how to be content with whatever I have." Phil 4:11

I feel God is speaking to me and I hear Him.  He's telling me to open my eyes and look around me-to be thankful.  "Every moment I live, I live bowed to something.  And if I don't see God, I'll bow before something else.  (Ann Voskamp)  I'm striving to see God in everything-the good, bad, big and small-and to be thankful for each thing.  "And it's the Word of God that turns the rocks in the mouth to loaves on the tongue.  That fills our emptiness with the true and real good, that makes the eyes see, the body full of light." (Voskamp)

Eucharisteo-thanksgiving-always precedes the miracle.

I've decided to be content right where I am, in His arms.  Simply gratified.

1 comment:

Marli said...

Love the book Jesus Calling. Such comforting words to live by.

xo
purposelyathome.blogspot.com