Pages

Monday, September 30, 2013

A bright, white idea

I have to admit...we have some yucky, yellow pillows.  I know, that's disgusting, but I'm sure we're not the only ones.  :)  I thought the only solution was to buy new pillows.  That was until I came across a remedy on Pinterest (gotta love Pinterest).  Granted, I wasn't looking for this, it just happened to pop up.  Lucky me.  Below is a picture of some of our pillows.  These happened to be the worst, so I started with them.
The recipe calls for the following:

*VERY hot water (I put my machine on deep clean/sanitize)
*I cup of laundry detergent
*1 cup powdered dish washer detergent
*1 cup of bleach
*1/2 cup of Borax
My pillows were so bad that I had to do this procedure twice, but it was well worth it!

Because it was a beautifully sunny day here in the south, I put my pillows outside to dry.  You can also put them in the dryer with tennis balls or homemade 'fluffing' balls to plump them up.

Sorry about the quality of the pics.  I hope you can tell just how clean the pillows are now.  100 times better!  Thank you to Jillee  for posting this.

No comments: