Pages

Thursday, February 14, 2008

Happy Valentine's Day!

(little brownies for our friends)

"Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil by rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trust, always hopes, always perseveres."

~1Corinthians 13:4-7


I love Valentine's day! It's just another opportunity to show those closest to me how much I love them. Today was science class for the big girls, so our day got started early. Last night I set the table with the pink camelias, red candles and pretty embroidered vintage napkins. I got each of my girls a long stem red rose, small bags of chocolates and a card. In the center was gifts wrapped with heart printed paper containing American girl puzzles. First thing this morning I got up before the girls and fixed bacon, heart shaped pancakes and bowls of strawberries. The girls were all so surprised when I woke them up and called them to breakfast.


For science class the girls wanted to take the heart shaped brownie that I had made them to share. After class we went out for a "fancy" lunch with our buddies. Thanks Morgan for choosing the resturant! This afternoon was spent visiting with both sets of grandparents and exchanging valentines.
(brownie to share)



Unfortunately, my big sweetheart is out of town. The girls and I hid his valentine in his luggage before he left. We were very surprised when a Mrs. Field's heart shaped cookie and a large bouquet of balloons arrived! The only thing that would have made today more perfect is to have him home with us.
(cookie from Dad)

(balloons from Dad)


No comments: