Pages

Thursday, January 21, 2010

I did it!!!!


Do you have one of those mental lists of all the things you'd like to do/accomplish in your life? Mine is so long...and growing by the day. One of the things on my list is to learn to quilt. I've taken some classes but never really finished anything. My grandmother made quilts, my great aunts did; Mark's great grandmothers made quilts. We have several of theirs that I really cherish. Just think of the time and thought that went into each one. I think they're so special. I'm no where near ready to dive into making one like those ladies did. Baby steps here. What better way to start than with a baby doll quilt? I found this tutorial that Vanessa made. Talking about a super talented lady (and so sweet on top of it all!). She gives such easy, detailed instructions that even I could make it. Emma helped pick some of the fabrics since it's for her and her baby. She was in my sewing room quite often encouraging me with her words of praise. I'm so pleased with how this one turned out. It's not perfect...but it's a start.


1 comment:

V and Co. said...

fantabulous!!!! i'll make sure to save this link so i can do a link back to your cute little doll pic when i do another "look at you guys go!" ;)