Pages

Monday, March 21, 2011

Happy Spring!



Here in the south it has looked and felt like spring for a while now. In fact, my 7 year old keeps asking me if it's summer yet. :)

I love spring. To me it means new beginnings, freshness, freedom. We started Spring with a nice time at church (isn't it cool when you've read a verse over and over then someone else reads it and points out something you've never even 'seen'! God is so good that way!), followed by a fabulous meal that my husband made. I then spent the next few hours outside, alone, with nature. I started reading a really good book (which I'll post about later) that managed to change my outlook and mood in just a few pages. Next I went for a kayak ride. When I got back I was ready to face my family with a whole new attitude. We ended the afternoon with a family bike ride-stopping to talk and admire the blooming flowers, catch up and connect.

The first day of Spring could not have been more perfect for me.

No comments: