Pages

Saturday, March 19, 2011

Sewing for baby

Two of my dear friends had babies recently-one girl and one boy. I've had so much fun sewing for them. Here is a glimpse of their gifts:
Lisa didn't know at the time of her shower if she would be having a boy or girl. So, instead of monogramming a name on the blanket I put a verse:

Children are a gift from the Lord;
they are a reward from him.
~Psalm 127:3






Down south we like to hang things on the hospital door when baby arrives. Most of the time it's a bow; more recently there have been pretty pink or blue wreaths. My friend asked if I would make the bow for her. Unfortunately I'm not very good at making bows. Thankfully though she told me I could be as creative as I wanted, so i designed this little quilt hanging. I love the way it turned out.

No comments: