Pages

Monday, August 15, 2011

Cooking Class

Eating happens to be a hobby for me. I just wish cooking was! LOL! I enjoy cooking, it just doesn't come easy for me and doesn't always turn out the way I plan. I'm working on that though.

Recently we had our Spanish tutor and good friend over to show us how to make empanadas. Beatriz is originally from Columbia. I've had empanadas while in Argentina, but these were different.

The fillings were 2 different meats. One was a roast that was boiled, torn and added to a red salsa and boiled potatoes. The other was boiled chicken mixed with red salsa and boiled potatoes. Both were put into a cornmeal dough and deep fried.



She made a yummy green salsa for dipping.

The lesson concluded with a total of 80 empanadas and some very full tummies! I can't wait to try them again.

1 comment:

Wren said...

Those look delicious!