Pages

Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Our Sweet Valentine's Day


Valentine's morning found me with 2 sick girls and my hubby in the Middle East.  We managed to make it a positive, very sweet day.  I found a recipe on Pinterest for Red Velvet Sandwich Cookies.  I made mine in a heart shaped cookie sheet.  They turned out so well!




1 box red velvet cake mix
1/2 cup butter, softened
2 eggs

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Mix ingredients until combined.
Drop spoonfuls of cookie batter onto baking sheet about 2 inches apart (or use a sheet like I did.  I used a small melon scooper to put my batter onto each heart.)
Bake 10-12 minutes.
Cool.

Cream Cheese Filling
1/2 cup butter, softened
1 8oz pkg cream cheese, softened
1 1lb box confectioner's sugar
1 tsp vanilla

In mixer, cream butter, cream cheese and vanilla.  Gradually add sugar and mix until smooth.  



These little hearts are the easiest, and tastiest things ever!  I found this recipe on the back of the heart shaped cutter.  (from Target)
1 package of refrigerated pie crust
1 can pie filling
1 egg, beaten

Cut pie crust into shape of choice.  Put about a Tbsp (depends on the size cutter you used) of pie filling in the middle of the crust.  Brush egg around inside edge of 2 pieces of crust.  Put a piece of crust on top of one that has filling.  Press edges together very well.  My cutter had a crimping side.  Place on wax paper on cookie sheet.  Brush more egg on top.  Bake until lightly browned.

No comments: