Pages

Tuesday, June 4, 2013

My other girls

You've seen their house, now here are my girls-my hens that is.  I never thought having chickens would be so much fun.  I actually look forward to waking up early and going to see them.  They have such unique personalities.  If I don't have snacks (left over vegetable scraps) to bring them they seem to get upset and impatient.  When I bring something new in with me they're so curious.  They love to peck my painted toe nails (when I forget to slip my boots on).  Oh and it's true...diamonds are a girl's best friend!  If my wedding ring dangles in front of them too long, they simply can't resist!  It may seem strange, but these visits with my girls are so relaxing to me.  I'm truly thankful for my girls and the joy they bring to my mornings.



1 comment:

Jazzmin said...

It sounds so fun to have chickens. They look so happy in their little home.
I understand what you mean about visiting them being relaxing... I feel the same way with animals, they bring a calming and peaceful comfort just by being in your presence.

Glad you are enjoying your girls :)

I hope you are doing well!