Pages

Monday, November 11, 2013

Keeping up with birthdays

One of my many faults is forgetting birthdays.  I don't totally forget them.  Usually I remember a few days after the fact.  This past year I was determined to change this.  I sat down after Christmas with 2 boxes of birthday cards and a bunch of stamps.  I got my list out and made out everyone's birthday card.  I really took the time to write something meaningful in them too.  Then I left the stack on the table until everyone else had their turn at writing in each of the cards.  We sealed them up and put a sticky note on each one to remind me when to mail them.  Finally I found a cute basket and placed them inside in date order.  This basket sits right on the kitchen counter where we all can see it.  So far we haven't missed a birthday.  For next year, I plan to expand my list.  It always makes me feel special to get a card on my birthday.  Why not share the blessing!

1 comment:

affectioknit said...

That is such a great idea! Kudos to you for being so organized!

~Have a lovely day!