Pages

Thursday, May 1, 2008

Frog loving friends

Candice came over the other day to sew. We had talked about it all week, but never decided what we wanted to sew. First things first-as soon as she arrived we had brunch-green salad, chicken salad and fruit. You can't sew on an empty stomach! LOL! Then we got down to business. I found this really cute twirly skirt tutorial. After going through my fabric stash, I came up with 2 coordinating fabrics-both with green frogs on a blue background. I also had plain green ribbon and another wider ribbon of green with white polka dots. There was plenty fabric and ribbon to make Emma and Abby a skirt. After the skirts were done we decided they needed a little top to wear with them. For this we chose the Children's Corner pattern "Lucy". I've made this dress more times than I can count and so has Candice. All we had to do was shorten it a bit to make it into a top. Perfect!
The only other thing they needed was a hair bow. Not a problem with all the ribbon I had! Plus I found 2 frog buttons I had bought years ago and never used.
I love being able to use stuff I already have without having to go out shopping. It worked out perfectly for Emma and Abby to get new outfits and hair bows.

No comments: