Pages

Friday, March 30, 2007

Socializing in the Sun




It seems that the number one concern of outsiders about homeschoolers is the lack of socialization. Well, my family is going to make sure we don't fall behind on socialization. I had the great idea of going to the beach again today. This time we invited 2 other families to join us. We woke up this morning and had the thickest gray clouds in the sky and the wind was blowing so hard. It really looked like it was going to rain, but weatherbug said 78 degrees and sunny.

We decided to go ahead and meet at the duck park/beach and have our picnic. The weather turned out to be really nice. It stayed overcast for a while, then the sun broke through. The girls even got to swim in the bay for a while. They played in the sand and followed the ducks around. One of my friends brought a delicious red velvet cake to celebrate my birthday a little early (my birthday is Sunday). She's always so thoughtful and a wonderful cook! I had such a nice time! I like getting together with my friends as much as my girls do.

By the way, one of my friends just received a fabulous cook book that I plan to purchase. Check it out: Martha Stewart's Baking Handbook ISBN-0307-23672-2

1 comment:

Wren said...

Ahhh, the beach! I'm still jealous over here in Middle GA w/ only a lake. I do NOT swim in lakes, too many snakes!
Samantha