Pages

Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Spring is HERE!!!

Happy Spring! If you didn't remember, today is the first day of spring. I think this may be my favorite season. The girls and I celebrated with a picnic in the yard. The weather was perfect, 73 degrees, sunny with a slight breeze.

Next we worked on our nature journal. Today we read from the Comstock Handbook about the Chickadee. What a sweet bird. While the 2 older girls were coloring their pictures of the bird, Emma (3) said, "Look Mom, a hawk." I looked up and guess what-she was right! I guess it is true that children absorb so much of what goes on around them. Later we read from Poor Richard and Abigail Adams. The girls complained when I told them it was time to put up the books and come in to start dinner.

What a perfect day. It really reminds me of the type of stories in Pocketful of Pinecones by Karen Andreola. Too bad every day can't be this perfect. Then again we probably wouldn't appreciate them as much. Happy Spring!

1 comment:

Christina said...

Yay for spring! We are enjoying some beautiful weather here, as well. And, boy, do I wish I could accept your invite to the beach!LOL