Pages

Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Never Alone


"And I will ask the Father, and he will give you another Counselor to be with you forever...I will not leave you as orphans; I will come to you."~John 14:16,18
(This was the key verse in my devotional for today-how fitting)


Do you ever have a day when you just feel like you'll explode because you're so happy? I felt that way today. I have a smile permanently fixed on my face and a warm glow overflowing from my heart. This year, more than ever, I've really felt God's presence-His arms around me, holding me tightly. I've also seen His love shining through the friends He's sent to surround me. I'm so very lucky to have such strong, Christian women around me. My day was brightened today by lunch and visiting with 3 of these women. I couldn't have had a nicer time-catching up with them as our children played nearby. I laughed with another on the phone discussing all the crazy happenings of day to day life-homeschooling our babies. And yet another was on my mind as I purchased a special peach detox tea that I know she's been searching for. I'm so blessed just with my beautiful family, but God in His mercy chose to bless me further with these special women. I don't say it often enough, but thank you to my friends and thank you to my Heavenly Father for always looking out for me.
"A man of many companions may come to ruin, but there is a friend who sticks closer than a brother." ~Proverbs 18:24

No comments: